My heart breaks every time I hear about another tragic loss from suicide. These stories are poignant reminders of the depth of my childhood pain and despair. For people that say, I don’t know how someone could feel so bad that they think death is the only answer/way out, I tell them they are blessed. My prayer for them is that they NEVER experience that type of pain, trauma or despair but I know it all too well.
So how did I go from that type of life to one filled with happiness, exceeding joy and favor? Sometimes you have to die to live. No, I don’t mean end your life: that is just a trick of the enemy to make you believe death is your only option. What has to die is:
· the negative voices--the ones that said you would never be anything, do anything or achieve anything
· your fear of failure
· your feelings of hopeless, despair and unbelief
· the spirits/things/substances/vices that temporarily make you feel good but slowly destroy you
· unforgiveness/a vengeful spirit
· ANYTHING outside of God’s will and purpose for your life
. . . all these things have to die or be silenced in order for you to live and thrive. You were born with greatness and destiny as part of your DNA. Even your struggles, traumas, failures and setbacks can be used as tools to propel you to a life that is better than anything you could possibly imagine. How?
Take the beginning steps to your recovery/restoration today: createspace.com/5074934. Sometimes all you have is Happy: A guide to obtaining happiness while awaiting our dreams includes thought provoking questions and exercises that enable you to take the beginning steps to reclaiming your passion, purpose, power and joy.